Recipe by Annacia
Not every waffle begs for syrup. Serve these savory delights with salsa and sour cream. Cooking time is as long as your waffle iron takes but I had to put something in.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
These are really different from regular waffles and a nice change. I used mine to make a Mexican style pizza on a waffle. Put the leftovers in the freezer to use another time. Thanks for posting this Annacia. Made for 1~2~3 Hits.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups longhorn cheese or 1 1⁄3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar, salt and chili powder. Add the milk, eggs, vegetable oil and chiles, and mix just until moistened. Mixture may be a little lumpy.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Makes 4 to 5 large waffles.
- Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream and additional grated cheese.