Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was one of the first recipes I made as a newlywed (a long time ago). I still have it so it must be good!
- 4 (32 inch) flour tortillas
- 453.59 g ground chicken or 453.59 g turkey
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 226.79 g jarmedium salsa or 226.79 g jar hot salsa
- 425.24 g can black beans or 425.24 g can pinto beans
- 29.58 ml diced pimentos
- 236.59 ml shredded lettuce
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced radish (optional)
- 118.29-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 63.78 g cansliced pitted ripe olives
- sour cream (optional)
- additional salsa (optional) or chopped tomato (optional)
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced onions
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- For tostada shells, place tortillas in a single layer on the middle oven rack. Bake in a 350* oven for 6 minutes, turning halfway through baking time or till golden and crisp. (If they bubble, prick with fork.).
- Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet,cook and stir chicken or turkey and chili powder over medium heat till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa.
- Set aside; keep warm.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- In a small saucepan, stir beans over low heat until heated through.
- With a potato masher or fork, mash beans with reserved liquid till of spreadable consistency; heat through.
- To assemble, place warm tortilla on plate, spread with thin layer of beans, chicken, and so forth.
Simple and delicious. I made turkey for myself and used hamburger for my menfolk. I found I didn't have any pimentos, but it all tasted wonderful. I added some jalapeno slices and enjoyed it all very much. Thanks for posting!