1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Turkey Tostadas
Sweet Diva's Note:
This was one of the first recipes I made as a newlywed (a long time ago). I still have it so it must be good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) jar medium salsa or 1 (8 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radish (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced pitted ripe olives
- sour cream (optional)
- additional salsa (optional) or chopped tomato (optional)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced onions
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1For tostada shells, place tortillas in a single layer on the middle oven rack. Bake in a 350* oven for 6 minutes, turning halfway through baking time or till golden and crisp. (If they bubble, prick with fork.).
- 2Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium skillet,cook and stir chicken or turkey and chili powder over medium heat till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 4Stir in salsa.
- 5Set aside; keep warm.
- 6Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- 7In a small saucepan, stir beans over low heat until heated through.
- 8With a potato masher or fork, mash beans with reserved liquid till of spreadable consistency; heat through.
- 9To assemble, place warm tortilla on plate, spread with thin layer of beans, chicken, and so forth.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Turkey Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 1054.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.2 g