1/2 Photos of Tex Mex Turkey Casserole
This is a spicy casserole. When I made this casserole I used 1 pound fresh ground turkey (fresh is needed as before I tried frozen ground and my meat was soupy), I used 16oz of black beans, I used Campbell's creamy tomato soup (Campbell's has discontinued creamy ranchero tomato soup I can only find it online), I used Wegman's whole grain tortilla chips. Note: I needed to spray my pan with cooking spray as my turkey began to stick also I recommend adding the chili seasoning after the turkey is cooked so you know the turkey is completely cooked. When I make this again I plan to use regular taco seasoning, and regular corn as my family thought this was way to spicy. I found this recipe in Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook. Note: If you don't have individual casseroles, spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs uncooked ground turkey
- 1 1/4 ounces mccormick tex mex chili seasoning mix
- 15 ounces s&w low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces Green Giant Mexicorn, drained
- 10 3/4 ounces Campbell's creamy ranchero tomato soup
- 4 ounces la victoria diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup tostitos tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup kraft shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup early california sliced black olives, drained
- 1/3 cup jalapeno pepper, slices drained (Ortega)
- knudsen sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and stir turkey with chili seasoning mix until turkey is browned, breaking up clumps. Drain off fat; stir in beans, mexicorn, soup, and green chile peppers. Divide mixture among six 8-ounce casseroles.
- 3Cover with crushed tortilla chips and cheese. Sprinkle with olives and jalapeno pepper slices.
- 4Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes or until hot.
- 5Serve with sour cream and salsa if using.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Turkey Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix
Green Giant Mexicorn
Campbell's creamy ranchero tomato soup