1/2 Photos of Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Low Fat and Diabetic Friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs 95% lean ground turkey or 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (or nonfat cheese) or 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese (or nonfat cheese)
- 6 light hamburger buns or 6 multi-grain hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup salsa (or mix half and half) or 1/4 cup ketchup, plus (or mix half and half)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (or mix half and half) or 2 tablespoons ketchup (or mix half and half)
- 6 slices red onions or 6 slices sweet white onions
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1Place the mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and red bell pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until the vegetables are finely chopped.
- 2Place the vegetables, ground meat, and taco seasoning mix in a medium-sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 3Shape the mixture into six 4-inch patties.
- 4Grill the burgers over medium coals or cook under a broiler for about 6 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature of the patties reaches 165 degrees (160 degrees for ground beef) and the meat is no longer pink inside.
- 5(To retain moisture, avoid pressing down on the patties as they cook.).
- 6Alternatively, coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- 7Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over each burger, cover the grill, and cook for another minute, just until the cheese is melted.
- 8Place each burger in a bun and top with some of the salsa or ketchup, onion, tomato, and lettuce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 302.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light hamburger buns