Recipe by Annie Austin
This is a slightly spicy, tex-mex spin on the traditional Tuna Casserole. I made it based on the ingredients in my pantry and it turned out to be a real family favorite!
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was so good, a little spicy from the rotel tomatoes and a hint of sweet from (I'm guesting) the sour cream and milk. I used tri-colored pasta and baked 10 minutes longer. The top came out a nice light golden brown and crunchy. Don't skip step 6 it really adds to the casserole. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
- 1 (16 ounce) bag spiral shaped pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, Drained (spice level to taste)
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) can corn, Drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, Shredded (or any Mexican cheese mixture will do)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, Drained & Flaked
- 1⁄2 cup corn tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package instructions.
- In large bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and milk; stir in Rotel, corn, 1 Cup cheese, tuna and cooked pasta.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Turn into greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 Cup cheese and crumbled tortilla chips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.