1/2 Photos of Tex-Mex Tostadas (Lower Fat)
Taken from the "Heart Heathy" cookbook, a lighter version of an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced (fresh or jarred)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans (canned)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tortillas on baking sheet; coat both sides with cooking spray. bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove; set aside.
- 2Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, cook and stir 4 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook and stir 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add 1/4 cup salsa and green onions; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
- 3Combine refried beans and remaining 1/4 cup salsa in a microwavable bowl. Cook uncovered at high 1 1/2 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- 4Spread bean mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon chicken mixture and tomato over bean mixture. Garnish with sour cream and add shredded lettuce if you desire.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Tostadas (Lower Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 272.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free tortillas