Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very different and much lighter than the traditional cream of soup versions of tater tot casserole. There is no "cream of xxxx" to be found in this recipe! This tastes more like a taco casserole with tater tots instead of tortilla chips.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use petite diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- Brown ground beef and onions.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and then simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread tater tots evenly over cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown.