Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Unusual use for your mini muffin tin. Another winner from my infamous state fair cookbook.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green peppers, finely diced or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 lb leanest 98% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 30 slices jalapeno peppers, jarred pickled variety
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, taco sauce, green pepper & chips; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, hand mix ground beef, oats, taco seasoning & water. Squish it around with your hands to distribute the seasoning well.
- Divide the meat mixture in 30 equal portions. Press each portion on the bottom & up the sides of miniature muffin cups, forming a shell.
- Place a spoonful of sour cream mixture in each meat shell, mounding slightly.
- Sprinkle each tart with cheese.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven & immediately top with jalapeno slices.
- Use a spoon to carefully remove tarts from pan.
- Serve hot.
We all thought these were tasty. I used the handle of my metal ice cream scooper as a "stamper" to form the meat "shell". Next time I would omit the oats and use the crushed tortilla chips there instead. Also I do not recommend using low fat sour cream- after baking it had a weird texture. All and all a good recipe that came together quicker than I thought it would and was well received at our party. Thanks for posting!
very good I also added in some cayenne pepper along with green bell pepper *and* the jalapeno, also added in a couple tablespoons half and half cream to the ground beef mixture, this will be a repeater, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)