1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Taco Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Taco soup made with salsa, ground beef, beans and corn, seasoned with taco seasoning and ranch. This is a chunky soup that can be served over tortilla chips or Fritos like a Frito Pie. If you like it soupier just add water with the rest of the ingredients after browning the beef. Really good, and even better the next day. Freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn (undrained)
- 425.24 g can pinto beans (undrained)
- 425.24 g can kidney beans (undrained)
- 793.78 g jar salsa
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning
- 28.34 g package ranch dressing mix (I like Hidden Valley)
- 354.88 ml water (optional)
- cheddar cheese (to garnish) or Mexican blend cheese, grated (to garnish)
- 1In a Dutch oven or other large pot, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with garlic until beef is crumbly; drain well.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, except for cheese, and stir.
- 3Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 45-60 minutes (or combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours).
- 4Serve in bowls, if desired over broken tortilla chips.
- 5Top with grated cheese to garnish when serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 946.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix