A southern twist on a classic favorite! Serve for a delicious hot dinner or lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Combine cornmeal and boiling water, stir smooth and let cool slightly.
- 2Then add eggs, salt, flour, and butter. Mix smooth.
- 3Add milk and mix until smooth, stirring occasionally to keep cornmeal from settling to the bottom.
- 4Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into skillet or crepe pan. Brown on one side.
- 5Remove crepe from pan, and repeat until all the batter is used.
- 6In large skillet, brown and cook beef and onions until meat is crumbly and onions tender. Drain excess fat.
- 7Add seasoning and water, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 8Spoon 2 tablespoons of hot filling into center of each crepe and roll. Serve right away or keep warm in low oven until ready to serve.
- 9Serve topped with sauce of choosing.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Taco Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g