Recipe by LibraChick93093
A southern twist on a classic favorite! Serve for a delicious hot dinner or lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix or 1 1⁄4 ounces spices, to taste
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornmeal and boiling water, stir smooth and let cool slightly.
- Then add eggs, salt, flour, and butter. Mix smooth.
- Add milk and mix until smooth, stirring occasionally to keep cornmeal from settling to the bottom.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into skillet or crepe pan. Brown on one side.
- Remove crepe from pan, and repeat until all the batter is used.
- In large skillet, brown and cook beef and onions until meat is crumbly and onions tender. Drain excess fat.
- Add seasoning and water, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of hot filling into center of each crepe and roll. Serve right away or keep warm in low oven until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with sauce of choosing.