Recipe by Rita~
Save the meat of the potatoes for home fries. Be sure to leave an edge of potato with the skin.
Top Review by Starrynews
Great twist on stuffing potato skins! The flavors went together beautifully, and the chipotle added a great smokiness without adding too much heat. I omitted the salt (personal preference) and used the cumin. Thanks for sharing!
- 12 small potatoes, baked and halved, meat scooped out
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa or 1⁄2 cup mild salsa, your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté garlic, red peppers, and onions in 1 teaspoon olive oil 3 minutes.
- Place potato skins in a bag with remaining oil, salt and pepper and lightly toss to coat with oil.
- Puree salsa and beans in a blender with cumin and chipotle pepper.
- Place skins on a parchment or silicone pad.
- Fill with bean mixture, top with onion mixture, then with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes till bubbly and browned.