1/4 Photos of Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers
1 hr 30 mins
UT Theta Chef's Note:
A southwest twist on stuffed peppers. This is a favorite of the girls I cook for. I make it healthier by using ground turkey but beef works just as well. It's also easy to change to personal tastes. Add a salad and you have a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown turkey with onion in skillet until done.
- 2Drain all grease.
- 3Add taco seasoning & water as per envelope simmer 5 minute.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool.
- 5Cut peppers in half from top to bottom (I try to get ones that are four sided so they sit flat).
- 6Remove all seeds and membrane.
- 7Place in 2 greased 13 x 9 pans.
- 8Mix the salsa & refried beans.
- 9To the meat mixture add corn, black beans, green chiles, refried mix, and 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- 10Stuff raw peppers with mix.
- 11Cover and bake 1 hour at 350 (can be baked longer if softer peppers are preferred).
- 12Uncover & top with remaining cheese.
- 13Place back in oven (5 min) just until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 473.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g