Recipe by BlueHyacinth
I got this recipe from Family Circle awhile ago, and it has become a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet green and red frozen mixed peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) jar diced green chilies
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in a 5- 6 quart deep pot over med-high heat, about 5 minutes, breaking up meat with wooden spoon but leaving some large pieces.
- Add frozen chopped peppers, beans, corn, chiles, soup mix, 2 cups water, cumin, salt, oregano and cayenne.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir 1/4 cup water into flour in small cup until smooth.
- Stir into stew; cook until thickened, about 1 minutes.