Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Spicy Polenta, marinated steak with onions and fresh tomatoes, with avocado topping.
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 lb thin-sliced lean cut steak or 1 lb stir-fry steak
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl mix together brown sugar, A-1 and 1/3 cup of water and wisk until blended. Cut steak into thin strips. Cut onion into wedges and dice the tomato. Add to marinade and stir to cover ingredients. Cover and place to the side.
- In a large sauce pan mix 4 cups water, cornmeal, pepper seeds and garlic pepper (may also add salt if desired) and bring to a boil while stirring. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place butter in large frying pan over medium-high heat. add marinade mixture to melted butter and stir-fry.
- Scoop out avocados into medium sized bowl and add lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste and coarsely mash avocado.
- Place polenta in center of plate, top with steak mixture and a dollop of avocado.