Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For the low-carber.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Lightly saute the squash, zucchini, onion and garlic until soft.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Place in a lightly grased 2 quart casserole. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I thought this was a lovely recipe, however it didn't have much of a Tex-Mex flavor, maybe I should have added more cumin. I sliced my veggies thin and they sauteed nicely. This recipe has a nice light flavor and I'll definately make it again.