Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Love this casserole. Good for potlucks and family dinners.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided.
- Press the spinach between paper towels to get out all the moisture; set aside.
- In a big skillet, cook and stir the squash, bell peppers, and onion in hot oil for about 6 minutes or until tender; remove skillet from heat.
- Add in spinach, chicken, and the next 6 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Add in 1 1/2 cup cheese; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.