Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Simmer or Sizzle. This dip is not quite as creamy as what you'd get at a mexican restaurant, but the flavor is really good for such simple ingredients. I used low-fat cream cheese as it was very good.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes to 1 hours or until cheese is melted.
- Stir occasionally while heating.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Great & easy recipe. Unfortunately due to 1 poor rating this recipe probably won't get the exposure it deserves. It's obvious Marmaduke is very critical of others recipes (out of 16, 9 are rated 2-). People are kind enough to share their recipes to make this site what it is. Constuctive critism is helpful but unjustified ratings @ 1 are just evil. Instead of sabotaging other recipes not to your tastes, lets see what recipes you are willing to share & let us try!?!?!
Simple, great taste! Very easy to make, and I will probably make it again!
The Ro-Tel cans in my area are 10oz. Could not find any 14-1/2oz cans. Added 1/2 cup salsa. The 8oz. cream cheese overpowered everything. Thats all I could taste. Ended up adding chopped Broccolli to get rid of the cream cheese taste.