1/4 Photos of Tex-Mex Spaghetti Pie by Twissis & Bon in Michigan
1 hr 20 mins
This dish is actually a “marriage” of 2 distinctly different RZ recipes. It was created as a variation of my Tex-Mex Spaghetti Tex-Mex Spaghetti (Crock Pot Served), but was inspired by the spaghetti crust part of Bon in Michigan’s Ham & Swiss Asparagus Pie Ham and Swiss Asparagus Pie. With her kind permission, I have borrowed & repeated the spaghetti crust portion of her recipe + prep instructions related to it (as they appear in her recipe). I also admit to being guided by other ingredient amts & parts of her recipe. Thank you so much Bon in Michigan! – The “heat level” of this dish is controlled by the picante sauce you use, but can be raised or lowered by adding spices to suit your preferences or using a mild picante sauce. For a family dinner or small dinner party, all you need to complete your meal is a guacamole salad & a flan or sopaipillas for dessert. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Pie Wed ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces spaghetti (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion (medium & roughly diced)
- 1/3 cup mexicorn (drained)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced black olives (drained)
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup Pace Picante Sauce (Thick & Chunky, heat level of choice & drained)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9-in deep-dish pie pan or 9-in square pan. Cook spaghetti to desired doneness as directed on pkg. Drain & rinse w/hot water.
- 2In a lrg bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, butter & 2 eggs. Toss lightly. Press evenly over bottom & up the sides of the greased pan to form the crust.
- 3Sauté ground beef & onions together till the meat no longer shows any pink color & the onions are translucent. Drain of any rendered fat & scatter evenly over the crust.
- 4Add drained mexicorn & drained black olives, scattering evenly over the crust.
- 5In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the 4 remaining ingredients (1 at a time) & mix well after each addition. Pour this mixture evenly over the ingredients already in the pie crust.
- 6Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes or till crust is golden brown & a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let pie cool for 15 minutes.
- 7Cut pie in 6 equal wedges & garnish ea w/a tomato slice placed near the crust & a dollop of guacamole or sour cream atop the tomato slice (optional).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Spaghetti Pie by Twissis & Bon in Michigan
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.7
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 719.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.0 g