Recipe by LARavenscroft
We use ground turkey products quite often. This is a recipe that I found on the Jennie-O Turkey Store site with a few changes to make this a one-dish meal. A great dish for a family with hungry teen age boys.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is the kind of recipe I like! Even though there are only 2 of us for meals a lot of the time, I made the whole thing & froze the rest in 2 packets for future use! Loved the ease of prep here as well as the great taste! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1 1⁄4 lbs turkey bratwursts, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, chili seasoned
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained (I use corn pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet, discard casings.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomoatoes, picante sauce, and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir well.
- Serve with shredded cheese at table.