Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my favorite dish of my moms and I had to put the recipe in here for safe keeping! This makes two casseroles (one to freeze for later) or one big one. Or you can half the recipe to make just one if your freezer is as full as mine! :)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crip and crumbled
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes (diced)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive (chopped)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can black olives
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- grated parmesan cheese (sprinkle on top)
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Brown beef with onion and salt and pepper (to taste) in large skillet.
- Add cans of tomatoes, rotel and chilies and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the two olives and mushrooms and set aside.
- Combine all grated cheeses and set aside.
- Spray two 9x12 casserole dishes with cooking spray (or one 5-quart dish).
- Arrange drained cooked spaghetti to cover the bottom of each dish.
- Cover spaghetti with beef.
- Cover beef with olives.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over each dish.
- Crumble bacon on top of cheese.
- Dust with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
This was very good. I made half the recipe because there was just 2 of us. I didn't use the mushrooms or bacon because I didn't have any but it was very tasty without them. The recipe didn't say what to do with the olives after you mixed them and set them aside so I just sprinkled them over the meat. I also covered this with foil before baking. My DH said thiss was a keeper so next time I'll have to try it with the mushrooms and bacon. Thanks for the recipe.