Recipe by peggbett6722
This has a hint of spiced cornbread yet sweet tasting. My boyfriend loves it. *Note* get caught without shredded cheese any flavor I grab 6 slices of cheese and get pizza cutter or knife and slice and dice until it is all tiny cubes then unwrap from plastic and put it in the bowl and mix. works excellent. My preference is 4 Slices Pepper Jack and 4 Slices Chipotle this way it is a mixed cheese (plain American is fine)
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons nacho style jalapeno peppers, diced & drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornbread mix, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine well. Mixture will be thick and lumpy.
- Place cornbread in a greased muffin pan, mini muffin pan or 9X13 baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.