Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
It doesn't get an easier than this. I keep all these ingredients on hand. That way when I don't have anything to cook or we want a good satisfying meal, I can throw this together in the crock pot. This soup is so hearty, you can literally stand a spoon in it. Family favorite.
- 1 (24 ounce) bagfrozen grilled cooked chicken strips
- 1 (20 ounce) canmild red enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Mexican)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf (dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- You can find the grilled chicken strips in the Freezer section of your grocery store.
- When ready to put this soup together. Microwave Frozen chicken strips for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour all canned ingredients into crock pot along with seasonings. Pour in canned corn. Cut chicken strips in chunks and add to mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours (I use 4 hr setting on my crock pot).
Made this today and it is really yummy and very easy (which I appreciate). Serving with homemade jalapeno cheese bread. It is kinda chilly out and this is a perfect compliment to the day.
Five Stars again for one of my very favorite Zaar Chefs! Another winner! The ease of assembly and preparation shouldn't deceive you: This is a "winner" recipe! (It's comparable in a sense to my equally simple Greg's Monterey Jack: Greg's Monterey Jack.) You will likely have the ingredients on hand, and you will be amazed at what a hearty and satisfying meal you'll be able to prepare and present by using V's recipe. Thanks, V, for another great recipe!