Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from the Biltmore Village Inn, Asheville, North Carolina. Enjoy!
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained (mild)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Melt butter and let cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs until light and lemon colored.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, jack cheese and butter; beating until smooth. Stir in chiles.
- Pour mixture into a well-buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until top is browned and center appears firm. This recipe could be easily halved and baked in individual ramekins(or custard dishes )for a little less time.
- Serve immediately.
This was surprisingly easy and tasty. Some white pepper would be a good addition if you like a bit of heat. We think salsa would make a nice topping. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap. Thanks Sharon!