Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I threw this together last night and wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget. My husband wouldn't shut up about how much he liked it and he NEVER is so complimentary! Served with corn tortillas, homemade refried beans, chopped onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, queso fresco, anything you like. I'm planning on using the leftovers for enchiladas, yum!
- 907.18-1360.77 g bone-in chicken parts, skinned (thighs seem to be the best)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 396.89 g can enchilada sauce (I used Hatch brand 5-pepper enchilada sauce)
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Remove skin and cut breasts into 2 pieces.
- Dump all ingredients but the chicken into the crock pot and stir.
- Add chicken and cook on low for 6 hours, high for 4 (times may vary, I'm guessing, I cooked mine for more like 8 hours because I lost track of time).
- Chicken should be falling off the bone, remove from pot and shred.
- serve with tortillas or use in enchiladas!
Awesome! Simple and inexpensive list of ingredients that puts out an amazing dish. Followed the recipe exactly and cooked for 8 hours on low. Everyone loved this and we will definately enjoy over and over. Thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe!
OMG! Soo good. I forgot to put everything in the crock pot this morning so when I got home from work I boiled a couple of chicken breasts for about ten-fifteen minutes til they were cooked through and tender enough to shred. I then added all of the ingredients to a sauce pot and let everything simmer for about an hour and a half. I also added a can of black beans. I make a similar recipe using steak. I'll have to remember this one! This is my favorite recipe from you I've made for PAC Fall 2011.