1/1 Photo of Tex Mex Slow Cooker Tacos
6 hrs 10 mins
I threw this together last night and wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget. My husband wouldn't shut up about how much he liked it and he NEVER is so complimentary! Served with corn tortillas, homemade refried beans, chopped onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, queso fresco, anything you like. I'm planning on using the leftovers for enchiladas, yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs bone-in chicken parts, skinned (thighs seem to be the best)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used Hatch brand 5-pepper enchilada sauce)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 1Remove skin and cut breasts into 2 pieces.
- 2Dump all ingredients but the chicken into the crock pot and stir.
- 3Add chicken and cook on low for 6 hours, high for 4 (times may vary, I'm guessing, I cooked mine for more like 8 hours because I lost track of time).
- 4Chicken should be falling off the bone, remove from pot and shred.
- 5serve with tortillas or use in enchiladas!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Slow Cooker Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 488.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.5 g