Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for breakfast, and brunches. Think outside the Bell.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (9-inch)
- 2 cups prepared chili
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe black olives (optional)
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally; drain off fat, and crumble.
- Add all other ingredients except tortillas, chili, and cheese; simmer 20 minutes or until onions and green pepper are tender.
- Heat chili in a small saucepan over medium heat; keep warm.
- Warm tortillas in microwave briefly, between paper toweling (times may vary: 10-20 seconds each, on high).
- Place tortilla on plate, put 1 cup sausage mixture on tortilla and fold up.
- Top each tortilla with some chili, then a little shredded cheese, and a tbsp of olive slices, if desired; serve hot.
My husband loves this recipe! It took a little while and a few extra pots to prepare but I'll be making it again some Saturday morning in the near future.