Sue Lau's Note:
Great for breakfast, and brunches. Think outside the Bell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (9-inch)
- 2 cups prepared chili
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives (optional)
- 1Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally; drain off fat, and crumble.
- 2Add all other ingredients except tortillas, chili, and cheese; simmer 20 minutes or until onions and green pepper are tender.
- 3Heat chili in a small saucepan over medium heat; keep warm.
- 4Warm tortillas in microwave briefly, between paper toweling (times may vary: 10-20 seconds each, on high).
- 5Place tortilla on plate, put 1 cup sausage mixture on tortilla and fold up.
- 6Top each tortilla with some chili, then a little shredded cheese, and a tbsp of olive slices, if desired; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.2
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 2313.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 38.4 g