Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is good by itself or used as filling for a breakfast enchilada or wrap.
Make and share this Tex-mex Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the chorizo sausage in a big skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned; break sausage up so that it is crumbled.
- Add in green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender; at this point, I drain some of the excess drippings.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, water, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Lower heat to medium; Add egg mixture to skillet; let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add cheese and cilantro; stir to blend.
- Transfer mixture to serving plates or use as filling for a flour tortilla; add a dollop of sour cream on top if desired.
Very tasty recipe. I cut it back to 2 eggs. The chorizo that I used was locally made and smoked. The chirizo & the cilantro gave the eggs a bit off color but they were still delicious. I used laughing cow Lite & parsley Gouda lite cheeses. A definited do again recipe
Wow this turned out great, fixed for 86 men at our Men's Fellowship. Only used 1/3 chorizo, 2/3 pork sausage. had lemon, orange's, and Kiwi added to fresh salsa, lots of Guagamoli