1/3 Photos of Tex-mex Scramble
This is good by itself or used as filling for a breakfast enchilada or wrap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the chorizo sausage in a big skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned; break sausage up so that it is crumbled.
- 2Add in green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender; at this point, I drain some of the excess drippings.
- 3In a mixing bowl, add eggs, water, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- 4Lower heat to medium; Add egg mixture to skillet; let set for 20 seconds.
- 5Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 6Add cheese and cilantro; stir to blend.
- 7Transfer mixture to serving plates or use as filling for a flour tortilla; add a dollop of sour cream on top if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-mex Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 498.1 mg
- Sodium 935.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.1 g