Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this variation of salmon patties/cakes last night. Very frugal and thrifty recipe but tastes great. Serves 2 at 3 to 4 cakes each depending on how they are formed.
- 14 ounces canned salmon (1 packet or can)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce or 2 tablespoons texas pete
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix all well. Form into small or medium size patties/cakes in hand.
- Drizzle olive oil or vegetable oil in a skillet. Does not need to be a lot, just enough so the cakes won't stick.
- Pan fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with Spanish Rice:.
- Rice cooked for two people with 1/4 c salsa added.
- Place rice in the middle of a plate and top with salmon cakes.
- If desired: Dipping sauce Tex mex sauce: ranch dressing or mayonnaise with Texas Pete to taste.
OMG!!! These are awesome!! I have always liked salmon patties but these are special...I have made them about 3 times now and my family loves them. Thanks for sharing!!!
I am always looking for different recipes using canned salmon and I came across this one and had to give it a try. I thought it was really good. I sprinkled some crushed red pepper on the patties as I fried them too, for an even bigger kick! My DH even liked them and he doesn't like salmon too much at all! Thanks for a good recipe!