Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this recipe on the back of a pkg. of Rotelle (enriched macaroni made with 100% semolina) from Safeway. I made it but added my own touches and so the recipe isn't exactly as on the pkg. But it is still easy and tastes great! The kids like it and you could add a cornbread topping if you felt like it However, it is good without. The cook time includes the time to cook the meat and pasta before putting in oven.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesafeway rotelle pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey if you prefer)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I left out the salf because the taco seasoning is salty)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canmild diced green chilies (I only used 1/2 the can but if you like hotter and spicier, then go for the whole can)
- 3⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- sour cream (to garnish)
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook Rotelle according to pkg. directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute' meat until no longer pink, breaking it into small pieces.
- Stir in taco seasoning,tomatoes with juice, water and salt (if you used it).
- Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained corn, green chilies, green pepper and olives. Mix well.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add meat mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in 9x13 pan and top with mexican cheese blend.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve each serving with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onion.