Recipe by goddessjy1
I got this recipe from a girl I work with after she made them for a potluck. They are delicious, but pretty darn spicy! Next time I make them, I plan on adding jalapenos.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce or 5 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons frank's redhot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 -15 spring roll wrappers, thawed (6 in)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in lettuce, beans, corn, cilantro, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cumin. Cook 3-5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Cool 15 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease large baking sheet.
- Place 1 wrapper on work surface like a diamond, with corner at bottom, keeping remaining wrappers covered with plastic wrap. Place about 2 tbsp filling across center. Brush edges of wrapper with cold water. Fold bottom corner of wrapper up over filling. Fold in and overlap the opposite right and left corners to form log. Continue rolling tightly up. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place rolls on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray rolls with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, turning halfway through baking time.