Recipe by lik2fish
Tex Mex Rice Wrap
Top Review by Mindelicious
Made this for my husband. I changed quite a bit so I'm not rating due to that. I omitted the olives (he doesn't like them), used cherry tomatoe instead of regular, yellow peppers instead of green, chicken & herb flavored brown rice, and added hot peppers for more of a tex mex feel. I served it on a bed of lettuce. He said it was a 4 or 3 but I'm sure that was due to my changes. I like the idea of this so I will continue to work with it. Thanks for posting!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole grain instant brown rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice with water according to package directions.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together olive oil, sodium free seasoning and lime juice.
- Combine all the vegetables and toss with dressing to marinate.
- Gently combine marinated vegetables and cheese with rice.
- Serve as a salad or a wrap with lettuce.