1/7 Photos of Tex-mex Rice
Cindy Rowden's Note:
This is a version of rice that you find at a Tex-Mex restaurant. It is way easier than it looks and after you have made it once or twice - you can do it by heart. My kids love it and I love that I can sneak a few veggies in! Can be made vegan with veggie broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves peeled and halved garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice (not instant or fast cooking)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup salsa (any store brand will do)
- 1/4 cup chopped diced carrot (fresh, optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen corn or 1/4 cup fresh corn (optional)
- 1In a heavy pot, cook garlic in oil over high heat until browned, stirring often.
- 2Discard garlic cloves.
- 3Add rice to infused oil and reduce heat to medium high.
- 4Stirring constantly, brown rice.
- 5Add broth, salsa, carrots and corn and reduce heat to low.
- 6Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- 7Fluff rice before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-mex Rice
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g