Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is how you make Tex-Mex rice.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ounces chicken stock
- Sauté rice and vegetables in olive oil until rice is light brown.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has evaporated.
This was very good!! I added 2 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. This makes a nice side dish to many Mexican dishes that I make. My family enjoys this as a nice change from Spanish rice. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This is the only Mexican Rice recipe I have ever liked. It is easy and delicious. Most Tex-Mex rice recipes are tasteless and dry. This is a great tasing recipe and goes perfect with #36634 Southwest Chicken with Chipotle Cream. Just smother the rice in its sauce and you have a super tasty meal that is better than going to a Mexican restaurant. Thanks for submitting!