Recipe by LMillerRN
For an extra pop of flavor, top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped pickled jalapeños.
Top Review by jswinks
This was a different mexican dish. Very easy to make. Would work well for freezing/OAMC. This definitely didn't fit in a 2qt pan, and barely fit in my 3qt white corningware. Seems like it needed a bit more sauce in with the ravioli, may try layering more rather than everything on top. Will be making again!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) bagfrozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce mixture on the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart oval or 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Top evenly with frozen cheese ravioli.
- Layer with black beans, chopped cilantro, green onions, and remaining sauce mixture; top evenly with shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil, and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.