1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Quick Bread
Recipe is from Favorite Brand Name Classic Mexican Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan or three 5x3 inch loaf pans; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the the cheese through egg, add flour to mixture; stir just until combined.
- 3Pour into prepared pan and bake for a 9x5 inch loaf 45 minutes or the 5x3 inch loaves 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- 4Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 5These can also be made into muffins by spooning the batter into 12 well-greased muffin cups and baking for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 354.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g