Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quiche with a Tex Mex variation.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 can chopped green chili, drained
- 1 medium tomatoes (cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 small ripe avocado (, peeled and cut into bite size pieces)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Firmly press pie crust into 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Prepare filling-------------.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, and add half and half.
- Sprinkle cheese over pie crust.
- Sprinkle green chili over cheese.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese in pie pan.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue cooking for@ 20 minutes until golden brown or a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- After removing from the oven arrange tomato slices and avocado slices on top of quiche.
I made this for dinner last night--it was a big hit. I added some leftover cooked chicken, and it tasted like chicken enchiladas. Definitely will make this often--probably without the crust, to make it lo-carb!