Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Roll up in warmed burrito-size flour tortillas, or serve in taco shells or on burger buns. Serve with shredded lettuce, diced red onion and sour cream as toppings.
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (249.47 g) can diced green chilies
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1133.98 g well-trimmed boneless pork loin roast
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro
- Mix sauce ingredients in a 3-quart or larger crock pot; add pork, then spoon sauce over pork to cover.
- Cover cooker and cook on high 3 1/2 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours, until pork is tender; Remove pork to a cutting board and, using 2 forks, pull meat into shreds.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl; stir in cilantro and shredded pork and serve.
This is very good. I use diced tomatoes instead of sauce. While pork shoulder is clearly the best cut of meat to use, I have also used pork loin or tenderloin if either is on sale.
I like this! A cross between BBQ pulled pork and carnitas. I used only 1 tablespoon chili powder and a pork shoulder roast. I served them like tacos in soft corn tortillas with sour cream and lettuce.
Have made thie several times and always turns out awesome !!!!<br/>Thank You !!!!