Recipe by Barb G.
Roll up in warmed burrito-size flour tortillas, or serve in taco shells or on burger buns. Serve with shredded lettuce, diced red onion and sour cream as toppings.
Top Review by macewindu420
This is very good. I use diced tomatoes instead of sauce. While pork shoulder is clearly the best cut of meat to use, I have also used pork loin or tenderloin if either is on sale.
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (249.47 g) can diced green chilies
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1133.98 g well-trimmed boneless pork loin roast
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sauce ingredients in a 3-quart or larger crock pot; add pork, then spoon sauce over pork to cover.
- Cover cooker and cook on high 3 1/2 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours, until pork is tender; Remove pork to a cutting board and, using 2 forks, pull meat into shreds.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl; stir in cilantro and shredded pork and serve.