Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from Woman's Day magazine, slow cooker recipe card. Roll up in burrito size flour tortillas, or serve in taco shells or on hamburger buns, shredded lettuce, diced red onion and sour cream are all great toppings.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 lbs well trimmed boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix sauce ingredients in 3 quart or larger slow cooker. Add pork, then spoon sauce over pork to just cover.
- Cover cooker and cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 8-10 hours, until pork is fork tender, remove pork to cutting board and using 2 forks, pull meat to shreds.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl; stir in the cilantro and shredded pork.
Great recipe!! After 4 hours on low I pulled the pork apart in the crock pot and left it on warm to let it marinate in the sauce a little longer. I tried to stick to the recipe but I didn't have green chiles on hand so I used a can of jalepenos instead - definitely gave it a kick. This sauce was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!