Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
These just scream....FOOTBALL! The guys will love you if you have these ready on Monday night!
- 8 medium baking potatoes, baked and cooled slightly
- 6 ounces bulk chorizo sausage or 6 ounces Italian sausage
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out cooked potato, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
- Place potato shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a skillet, brown sausage; drain of all fat.
- Add salsa to skillet, and cook for 2 minutes, mixing well with meat.
- Spoon sausage mixture into shells, and top with nacho cheese sauce.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, some green onions, and a few ripe olives, if desired.
Sue, Potato Skins? Ha...One of these potatoes are a meal in itself...=) Very good and very filling. Used garlic and cheese Italian sausage and it was excellent!! I bet these would freeze well for a quick make ahead meal. Can't this time. There weren't any leftovers! Thanks for posting. Barb
We had these for supper the other night. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe how they tasted. I used chorizo sausage and shredded nacho cheese mix. The topping had a spicy flavor and was very easy to make. We all LOVED them. Thanks Sue L for another outstanding recipe. Love ya ;)
Just finished making this for dinner. I was low on time & potatoes (I only had 4) and was trying to stretch the meal to feed 5 people. I washed, pierced and microwaved the potatoes for 12 minutes while cooking the sausage as directed. (I did add garlic as other reviewers suggested) I then cut the potatoes into cubes, placed them in a shallow baking pan, covered them in the sausage mixture and mexican shredded cheese and baked it at 425 for 10 minutes. The family loved it! We'll definitely be having this for dinner again!