Recipe by Sue Lau
These just scream....FOOTBALL! The guys will love you if you have these ready on Monday night!
Top Review by Aroostook
Sue, Potato Skins? Ha...One of these potatoes are a meal in itself...=) Very good and very filling. Used garlic and cheese Italian sausage and it was excellent!! I bet these would freeze well for a quick make ahead meal. Can't this time. There weren't any leftovers! Thanks for posting. Barb
- 8 medium baking potatoes, baked and cooled slightly
- 6 ounces bulk chorizo sausage or 6 ounces Italian sausage
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out cooked potato, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
- Place potato shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a skillet, brown sausage; drain of all fat.
- Add salsa to skillet, and cook for 2 minutes, mixing well with meat.
- Spoon sausage mixture into shells, and top with nacho cheese sauce.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, some green onions, and a few ripe olives, if desired.