Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe was adapted from "The Spaghetti Sauce Gourmet". This could be made vegetarian by using soy crumbles instead of the ground beef. Very quick and easy.
Top Review by RICHARD P.
Great idea. I would use my own chili recipe, then top it with a corn bread batter and bake it until the corn bread is done, oh, cheese is in the corn bread mix along with green chilis or fresh jalepeno.
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) roll refrigerated prepared polenta, sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (can use Monterey jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Stir in beans and salsa.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Arrange polenta over meat mixture, overlapping if necessary to cover the surface.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.