Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Choppers with a kick.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Brown chops on one side, about 2 minutes, and then flip them.
- Add the salsa, chilies and cumin to skillet and mix well.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove cover and top each chop with one quarter of the cheese.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
YUMMY. These were VERY easy to make. Enjoyed the gr. chilies and cumin in the recipe. Best of all it is mild enough to be kid friendly. Try it you'll like it!! TY Miller!
This was so good! I love spicy foods so I used hot salsa. YUMMY, I will make again! thanks for the keeper.
Gee Miller I haven't cooked any of your recipes for ages and I am so glad that I came acoss this one, Just what I was looking for. It is simple, tasty and has clear step by step instuctions. I used boneless loin chops, fat trimmed, Medium "Pace" brand salsa and aged cheddar. Love that added touch of the cummin. I cooked them a couple of minutes longer as they were fairly thick chops. The result was a juicy chop with the sauce served over lightly buttered noodles. Thanks Miller love the recipe. Additional comments 9 June04- Love this recipe - simple straight forward. This time I used an easy quick salas recipe by Evangelia Thanks again Miller