Bean Queen's Note:
My mom used to make her version of this. I have no idea where she got the recipe. This is my version. Very tasty! Best served with flour tortillas and black beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the pork chops with Grill Mates Seasoning, pre-heat vegetable oil in 5-quart non-stick pot (or non-stick electric pot). Braise chops on medium/low heat and remove chops to cool.
- 2Sauté peppers and onion in pork chop drippings on medium heat until tender (not browned).
- 3Cut cooled chops into 1/2 inch strips, add to peppers and onion; add tomatoes. Cook until pork chops are mostly cooked (not done, still tender) and add tomato sauce until bubbling.
- 4Start piling cabbage on top, cover and add more as pot will allow - until it is ALL used.
- 5Stir the bottom gently from the sides of the pot to prevent sticking (do not disturb cabbage too much).
- 6As cabbage softens, slowly begin working the mixture upward from the bottom. When entirely blended, remove lid and continue cooking on medium heat until cabbage has softened as desired.
- 7QUICK VERSION: Replace the onion, tomatoes and peppers with 2 (10 ounce) cans Original Rotel Tomatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Pork & Cabbage Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 355.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g