Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom used to make her version of this. I have no idea where she got the recipe. This is my version. Very tasty! Best served with flour tortillas and black beans.
- Season the pork chops with Grill Mates Seasoning, pre-heat vegetable oil in 5-quart non-stick pot (or non-stick electric pot). Braise chops on medium/low heat and remove chops to cool.
- Sauté peppers and onion in pork chop drippings on medium heat until tender (not browned).
- Cut cooled chops into 1/2 inch strips, add to peppers and onion; add tomatoes. Cook until pork chops are mostly cooked (not done, still tender) and add tomato sauce until bubbling.
- Start piling cabbage on top, cover and add more as pot will allow - until it is ALL used.
- Stir the bottom gently from the sides of the pot to prevent sticking (do not disturb cabbage too much).
- As cabbage softens, slowly begin working the mixture upward from the bottom. When entirely blended, remove lid and continue cooking on medium heat until cabbage has softened as desired.
- QUICK VERSION: Replace the onion, tomatoes and peppers with 2 (10 ounce) cans Original Rotel Tomatoes.