1/2 Photos of Tex Mex Pizza
This is quite tasty and very different from the normal pizza. It's also healthy -- the nutritional info says that a piece has 250 calories, 7 g fat, 31 g carbs, and 17 g protein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1Coat two 12-inch pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 2Divide the bread dough in half and roll each portion into a 12-inch circle.
- 3Transfer to prepared pans and build up edges slightly.
- 4Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
- 5Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- 6Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion, yellow pepper, and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 7Stir in refried beans, salsa, chilies, and chili powder; heat through.
- 8Spread over the crusts; sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 10Top with tomatoes and lettuce; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 148.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend