This is quite tasty and very different from the normal pizza. It's also healthy -- the nutritional info says that a piece has 250 calories, 7 g fat, 31 g carbs, and 17 g protein.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- Coat two 12-inch pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide the bread dough in half and roll each portion into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to prepared pans and build up edges slightly.
- Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion, yellow pepper, and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in refried beans, salsa, chilies, and chili powder; heat through.
- Spread over the crusts; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes and lettuce; serve immediately.