My son the Mixologist shared this recipe with me. The paper he gave me described this liquid as "the hottest thing to ever hit a bottle of vodka, this infusion adds a perfect element of spicy boost guaranteed to produce the best damn Bloody Marys or Caesers."
- Use a large, clean glass container (at least 1.5 liter) with an airtight lid for your infusion.
- Save your original bottle as you will need it to strain the infused mixture into.
- Strain with a wire mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Place the chili's in the large glass container, add vodka and cap tightly.
- Let stand at room temperature for 48 hours, shaking gently once or twice a day.
- Taste for the preferred flavour and heat intensity, allowing it to infuse for up to 2 more days if needed. No longer though or it will turn bitter.
- Strain the infused vodka back into the original bottle. Cap tightly, label and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I've been looking for a good recipe for pepper vodka, and think this just may be it. Earlier today, with the thought of pepper vodka on my mind, I was at the store. The selection of peppers was lacking so I picked up what I thought might work. As luck would have it, the three different kinds I bought are the ones listed here!! I am now ready to go. Was not aware of the bitterness factor after a length of time, so I really appreciate that tidbit. Plan to come back and give stars after the concoction is ready. Thanks again!! Edit: I was concerned that this would not have the heat i was looking for as only the pulp of the peppers is used - no seeds. You will have no need for hot sauce with this. It is plenty spicy and makes for a great Bloody Mary.
Well "Woweee" from the farm! I love any and all hot peppers, so this really was meant for me. I have let it maturate for about 4 days, and used it in a *Bloody Mary* last night. Normally, I added extra Tabasco, but not this time! The garden is already producing some pretty hot habanero's and serrono's so all I did was add vodka to it. Thank your son for a perfect way to infuse vodka! :) Made for *ZWT3 07*