Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple but delicious pasta and tomatoes dish with fava or baby limas. If you don't care for limas, you can easily substitute black beans. Adjust your hotness by leaving out chilies and adding crushed red pepper.
- 4 cups cooked pasta (shell is what I use, feel free to use your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup drained baby lima beans
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, smashed
- In sauce pan bring tomatoes, onion, and peppers to a boil; simmer about 20 minutes, or till all is tender.
- Add spices and lima beans. Add to pasta and enjoy.