Recipe by rickoholic83
This tastes just like a taco in a bowl! Be sure to heat it up so that all the cheese melts. ;)
Top Review by mandabears
thanks for posting this great pasta salad, we love it. it is a great summer pasta salad when it is even too hot to eat. i first found the recipe in cooking light and have been meaning to post, but you saved me the trouble. sorry, forgot the stars in the first review
- 1 lb radiatore
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (I recommend Taco Bell)
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add turkey; cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Stir in water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine pasta, turkey mixture, cheese, tomatoes, olives and black beans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, salt, cumin and sour cream. Stir until well blended.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve with salsa.