Recipe by Tara
This a really good casserole which can be prepared ahead of time and cooked later. Re-heats well too.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage (2-3 links)
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups rotini pasta (2 cups uncooked that is)
- 1 cup frozen, canned or cooked corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Fry sausage, slice in circles and set aside.
- Sautee onion, garlic and peppers in a little oil until soft.
- Add spices and cook 1 minutes, add tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add pasta, 1/2 of the cheese, corn, beans and sausage.
- Pour into 9x13 pan, top with remainder of cheese and bake covered at 350 for 20 minutes, uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.