Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tasty chicken dish. I got this recipe from friend,who got it from the Ontario Chicken Lovers cookbook. She served it in a hollowed out pineapple 1/2. What a presentation. At home I don't get as fancy so I make it as an easy week night dinner served with rice and salad.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup diced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup cantaloupe ball, you can also cut into chunks
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- chopped coriander
- In a large shallow bowl, mix seasonings together.
- Cut the chicken thighs to open up and then cut into large chunks.
- Add chicken to the bowl and mix to evenly coat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add Chicken and cook, turning occasionally, about 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a serving plate and set aside.
- Stir into the pan, tomatoes, pineapple cantaloupe, green onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook 1 minute or just until warm.
- Spoon salsa over chicken.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve each with a wedge of lime for squeezing over top.
This is a great chicken recipe! I kinda tweaked it a tad by using boneless skinless chicken breasts and I grilled them with rub posted. The salsa is so interesting, I normally do not like fruit mixed with my meat but the cantaloupe really paired nicely with the rest of this dish. The salsa actuatlly tasted a lot better the next day for lunch after it had time to mellow I think.