Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Two muffins are only 2 1/2 points.
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 cups skim milk
- 15 ounces cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal, soda, and salt.
- Stir in pimento, cheese, minced onion and chilies.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg, milk and corn.
- Make a whole in the center of cornmeal, pour in egg batter.
- Stir just to moisten.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and fill 3/4 full batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.